PTA membership is open to all — parents, students, relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers, community members!
Studies have shown that membership in PTA provides your child and other children around you with a greater chance of achieving in school. As a PTA member, you are able to engage in your child’s potential and are more likely to be an informed, involved parent. Being a member of PTA also means that you are part of a powerful association with an action plan focused on initiatives to strengthen your child’s education and forge a family-school partnership.
Who We Are
The Summitt Elementary PTA is a group of parents, teachers and community members committed to improving the educational experience of our students. The PTA focuses on strengthening parent involvement, supporting our teachers, and enhancing academics by:
- Funding essential educational and curriculum needs
- Advocating on behalf of children and educators at the local, state and national levels
- Building an inclusive school community for all families
What We Support
Below are just a few of the initiatives we support to enhance our kids’ educational experience and support our school:
- Community building through hosting Community Nights at local restaurants, Book Fairs, Grandparents Luncheon, and annual Multicultural Night, Mid-Autumn Festival and Tết (Vietnamese New Year).
- Supporting the Summer Reading Initiative for every student
- Funding our Soaring Skyward with Science event
- Providing a free student designed Summitt Eagle t-shirt for every student and teacher
- Build reading programs and expanding Summit’s library’s book catalog
- Providing supplemental classroom supplies
- Provide STEM-based learning resources for families through the STEM + Families® program, including STEM at Home activities, Math Nights with Mathnasium and Science Festivals.
- Advocating for campus improvements including repairs to the Summitt Track, establishment of a Math Pentathlon Team, and creation of a Beautification Committee
Individuals may participate in the business of the Local PTA upon remitting dues and membership information to the Local PTA. Members’ names and dues must be sent to Texas PTA by the Local PTA by the end of each month.