These are events that traditionally occur every year for each grade level. It’s not a complete list but most major events are listed. Keep an eye on communications for 2022-23 details!
- Winter Holidays Play (December) – Performed in the a.m.
- 100 Days of School (Spring)
- Kinder Rodeo (Spring) – fun activities, outside picnic
- Field Trip (Locations vary, past visits to the Thinkery)
- Science Buddies – First graders are paired with fifth grade buddies for science activities
- Folk/Square Dance (Spring)
- Field Trip (Locations vary, past visits to Zach Scott Theater)
- Dress up for Fifties Day (Early November)
- Spring Musical (morning and evening performance)
- Field Trip (Locations vary)
- Winter musical (morning performance)
- Rocket Day (Spring)
- Field Trip (Nutcracker, Pioneer Farm)
- Talent Show (Spring)
- Fourth Grade Parent Volunteers help at Fifth Grade Graduation
- Bowling and picnic on last day of school; parents drive
- Field Trip (varies, have been going to Stunt Ranch)
- Colonial Day
- Fifth graders host a haunted house at Eagle Fest
- Science Buddies – Fifth graders mentor 1st grade students
- Field Trip to the creek at Balcones Park
- Pioneer Day
- Field Trip (Houston Museum of Natural Science)
- Science Fair (February)
- Fifth Grade Graduation (May)
- Fifth Grade Dance (hosted by Fifth Grade parents)
- Fifth Grade Science Blowout (end of year)
UIL (University Interscholastic League) A+ Academics Tournament
UIL A+ Academics is an academic competition designed to promote enrichment and a healthy competitive spirit. More than half a million students participate in UIL academic competitions each year in Texas.
In order to begin preparing for the UIL competition, teachers and students in grades 2-5 will build in some enrichment time to practice UIL skills during class. From there, students wishing to continue with the competition will participate in a small run off competition in early December to select the students who will compete at the actual event. We may only send a set number of students to participate in each event, but we want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to try out if they would like. In the spring semester, we will be looking for parent volunteers to help us coach our competitors.
Please look for more information to come home if your child is selected to participate.