The Summitt Elementary Alumni Scholarship has been established to recognize former students who have excelled in their academic endeavors, supported their community through various service projects and/or participated in extra-curricular activities, and proven they possess the drive to further their education. By granting these scholarships, we encourage students to pursue their academic endeavors and hope to strengthen relationships between Summitt & alumni. Summitt Elementary shall offer either one (1) $600.00 or (2) $300.00 scholarship/s, depending on the number of qualified applicants. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2021. Download the 2021 Scholarship Application (PDF doc).
The mandatory requirements for scholarship are as follows:
- Attends and will graduate from a high school within the Austin Independent School District.
- Former Summitt Elementary student with at least three years of attendance at Summitt
- Graduating high school Senior, who will continue their education, via Vocational School, Junior College or 4 year University.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or better at time of application completion.
- Demonstrated involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community service organizations.
- Submission of a completed application package no later than the assigned deadline.
(Incomplete packages will be disqualified)
Scholarship shall be awarded based on a combination of:
- Academic performance
- Participation in extra-curricular and/or community service organizations
- Completeness of essay
- Letter of recommendation
Scholarship recipient will be honored at Summitt during the month of May. At that time, each recipient will be asked to say a few words to the Summitt students. In order to be considered as a candidate, please complete the application form and submit all required documents, postmarked no later than the assigned deadline May 1, 2021 to:
c/o Scholarship Committee
12207 Brigadoon Lane
Austin, Texas 78727