Meet the Teacher on Thursday
Find out who your child’s teacher will be! Meet the Teacher will be on Thursday, Aug. 20. Pre-K and Kinder students will be from 3:30 – 6 p.m. Grades 1-5 will be at 4-6 p.m.
- We need volunteers to make this event run smoothly. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4babab2da1fc1-meet1
- Skip the line and go online! The Summitt store is open so you can purchase PTA memberships, assignment books, T-shirts, headphones, etc. Go to https://summitteagles.org/ and click on Store at the top of the page. For some mobile users, the Store is in the menu button that looks like 3 lines. You can pay with credit card or bank transaction via PayPal.
- The online store will be open until Thursday, Aug. 20 at noon.
- If you did not order online, you can purchase those items in the cafeteria. We accept check, cash and credit cards.
- Bring your school supplies to leave in your classroom.
- We love our Summitt alumni! We’d love to have our middle and high schoolers come and help at Meet the Teacher. They can help distribute supplies, show parents to the classrooms, entertain younger students while their parents fill out forms, etc.
- Because there will be volunteers setting up and teachers will be getting their classrooms ready, please do not arrive before your designated time.
Austin ISD Superintendent Dr. Paul Cruz, along with Julie Chang from the Statesman will visit Summitt on Tuesday, August 25th – 7:30 – 8:15 a.m. He will be discussing Dual Language/Literacy.
School Supply list
The school supply list for 2015-2016 is available online. Please note that 3rd grade has 2 separate lists – one for last names A-L and one for last names M-Z. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2U9EyoinyBNTjNrRF9xajQ1aGc/view?usp=sharing
Boo Hoo! Woo Hoo! Breakfast
For Pre-K and Kinder parents, there will be a Woo Hoo, Boo Hoo breakfast in the library on Monday, Aug. 24. Please come by after you drop off your child in the morning and get to know more about Summitt.
Teachers looking for a book
If you have a copy of Deltora Quest (book one), Forests of Silence, please bring it to the office or give it to a fifth grade teacher. The fifth graders are reading this book and they’re looking for as many copies they can find.
Need help in Teacher workroom
The teachers are back at work this week and they have a lot of things planned for the school year. We need extra help in the teacher workroom this week, so come by and give our wonderful teachers time to prep their classrooms. Most of what they need is just basic stuff: copying paper, cutting, stapling, making signs, etc.
Collect Box Tops
Remember to save your Box Tops!! Every box top that Summitt collects is money for our great school. You can find box tops on items you buy at the grocery store every day: General Mills cereals, Ziploc bags, etc etc. Bring your box tops in ziploc bags of 50 box tops to the main office, labeled with your child’s name and classroom teacher. We made $1200 for Summitt last year, let’s see if we can break that record this year! If you have questions about box tops collecting, please contact Sarah Allen, box tops coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy clipping!!
AISD and Community Events
CASA Superhero Run
CASA Superhero Run will be on Sunday, September 13th at the Domain. The run is not just a fun event for families, it’s an easy way for kids of all ages to get involved with helping their community. We have all sorts of activities for people of all ages, from the 5K and Kids 1K to superhero costume contests, bounce houses, an obstacle course, special superhero guest appearances and more, all to help children in our community.CASA Superhero Run
The CASA Superhero Run is built around a simple idea: Every child needs a hero, but abused children need superheroes. And the thing that is so great about the CASA Superhero Run is that kids get to be that hero for other children and learn that it doesn’t take super powers to be able to make a big difference for people in need.
The CASA Superhero Run supports the CASA programs of Travis, Williamson, Caldwell, Comal, Guadalupe & Hays Counties. CASA speaks up for children who’ve been abused or neglected by empowering our community to volunteer as advocates for them in the court system. There is more information available at www.casasuperherorun.com
Balcones Ball Season
We encourage you to register online now to avoid the $25 late registration fee which takes affect at the end of the month! If you don’t have the ability to pay with a credit or debit card then you are welcome at the in-person registration date on Sunday, August 30th at 1:30 PM where you can complete a paper registration form and pay with cash or check. However, if you can pay with a card, please register online to avoid lines at in-person registration. The BYS Board has planned a fun season for your players and families.
- Fall Ball Season will start 2nd week in September – end mid-November
- General Work Day – August 29th, 9 AM come help make BYS pretty
- Skills Assessment for 8 year olds and up only on August 30th – 2 PM
- In-Person Registration August 30th (pay with cash with check)
- Late Registration starts August 31st $25 late fee to all registrations received on/after this date
- Late Registration period ends September 2nd
- Team formations from August 30-September 3rd
- Movies at the Park, Friday September 25th at dusk
- Movies at the Park, Friday October 30th at dusk
- 2nd Annual Fall Fest– Music, games, rides & more – Nov 7th 4-8 pm