Meet the Teacher Night
– Find out who your child’s teacher will be on Thursday, Aug. 21. Pre-K and Kinder students will be from 3:30 – 6 p.m. Grades 1-5 will be 4-6 p.m.
– Bring your school supplies to the classroom! The cafeteria will have stations for you to purchase T-shirts, PTA membership, Summitt logo items, assignment books, headphones and Library birthday book club membership.
– Volunteer to help during Meet the Teacher night. You can volunteer and still be able to meet your child’s teacher. Pick and shift and help make this event go smoothly.http://www.signupgenius.com/
– Because there will be volunteers setting up and teachers will be getting their classrooms ready, please do not arrive before your designated time.
First day of school news
– There will be no Morning Assembly on the first day of school. Please report to your child’s classroom. Morning assembly will begin on Tuesday, Aug. 26 at 7:30 a.m.
– For Pre-K and Kinder parents, there will be a Woo Hoo, Boo Hoo breakfast in the library. Please come by after you drop off your child and get to know more about Summitt.
Box Tops News
I’m Angela Gooden, Box Top Coordinator for 2014-2015. Box Tops is such an easy way for parents to get involved in their child’s education. Just by purchasing Box Tops products, clipping the coupons and sending them into school, we earn cash that can be used to buy many things that we need. In the coming weeks, I’ll share more details about class prizes for most Box Tops collected, best ways to send them to your child’s teacher and such. In the meantime, start or continue clipping!
Girls on the Run coaches needed
This fall’s Girls on the Run program needs some support coaches to help with this FANTASTIC program that gets our 3-5th grade girls MOVING and BELIEVING in themselves enough to run a 5K!! No marathon running experience necessary; just have a desire to mentor girls and be able to come to school 1 or 2 afternoons a week between Sept-early Dec. You might even run YOUR first 5K, too!! Email Coach Ryan Lanier email@example.com
Fall Fest news
Summitt Fall Fest needs volunteers! Please firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for organizing family and/or business sponsorship. We also need gently used toys/stuffed animals and books for our prize booth.
Subscribe to the Summitt Elementary Eagles Newsletter!
Have you SEEN it? It’s our new newsletter! If you know someone who has not subscribed to the newsletter, they can sign up here –http://eepurl.com/ZCkyT. Please note that you must verify your email address once you subscribe. Look for the verification email in your Inbox or Junk/Spam folder.
Office volunteer needed
The front office needs a volunteer to answer the telephone for about 1 hour per week during the staff meeting. Please contact the office 512-414-4484 for more information.
Fish tank volunteer needed
We are looking for a volunteer to maintain the fish tank in the Great Hall. Please contact the office 512-444-4484 for more information.
School Supplies list
The school supplies list for PPCD, Pre-K, Kinder and Grades 1-2 are https://drive.google.com/file/
Update on AISD ParentCloud
We are pleased to announce our new Parent Self Serve (PSS) application. This new application replaces the ParentConnect/Gradespeed system that parents have used in the past. A major benefit of the new PSS is the ability to retrieve “real time” grades and attendance for their children. Parents can view assignment grades, class averages, attendance information, email teachers, and even update their phone number and email addresses from within this new portal. It is recommended that each parent or guardian should have their own account and not share their login information with their child, as a new Student Self Serve (SSS) application is also available to allow students to look up their own information. In order to access the PSS, simply login to the AISD ParentCloud (or create a new account) atmy.austinisd.org.
Another great feature in the ParentCloud that has been added this year is the Parental Controls. This feature has the ability for parent/guardian to grant access to their child’s grades and attendance information to other individuals, such as a grandparent. These individuals will need to create a ParentCloud account first. The parent/guardian should then obtain the ParentCloud userID of the individual and add the individual in the ParentCloud.
Whole Foods School Supply Drive
Whole Foods Market is currently hosting a school supply drive to benefit Summitt, Pillow and Padron elementary schools. The supply drive will be held throughout the month of August. Bring school supplies donations to 11920 Domain Drive, 78758.
AISD updated calendar
Austin ISD has the latest version of the school calendar. The new one is here. It may be different from the one sent out before school ended. Please note date changes to the Winter Break schedule.