– We are still looking for an auctioneer: Are you an outgoing, vocal person who can stand in front of a crowd and talk? If yes, we need you for Spring Fling to be our live auctioneer. No prep needed on your part.
– Classrooms are working on their class creations for auction, be sure to work with your homeroom parent to get involved.
– Ticket order forms went home in Monday’s folder, or tickets will be on sale the week of the event.
– We can use some help selling tickets the week of the event and volunteers for all areas on the day of the event. We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our Spring Fling Volunteers. Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign up for Spring Fling 2013 – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/EqHCXR
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
AISD Bond on May 11: scope of work for Summitt
Learn all about the bond at http://www.austinisd.org/bond. See lists of projects by school at http://www.austinisd.org/bond/
bond-program/by-school. You can click on Summitt and see what projects will be completed if the bond passes.
Rita’s Ice on Friday
Rita’s Italian Ice will be available after school on Friday, April 5. It’s $3 per cup.
Second Grade news
The 2nd graders will be performing the musical show, Hats! on Thursday, April 11 at 6:30pm. We look forward to you see our talented second graders performingHats!
Spring Can Contest
Which class will win the Can Recycling Trophy? Help earn money to improve Summitt’s Campus. Participate in the Spring Recycling Can Contest by bringing aluminum beverage cans. If your class brings the most cans it wins an ice cream party along with the trophy. The top 5 students also win cool prizes. Drop off your cans at the trailer by the basketball court. Fill out the form that is in the Monday folder or write your name, homeroom teacher and # of cans on a slip of paper and turn it in the Can Contest container next to the Pop Top House in the Great Hall. The last day to turn in the slips is April 10. The winners will be announced on April 12. Go Green!!!! Any questions?? Ask Sharon Reed at email@example.com
Third Grade news
Third grade is now collecting paper towel rolls for our rocket project; please save them and bring them to the collection box in the Great Hall.
Free Vietnamese language class on Saturday
If you believe learning other cultures helps you develop your own personality and broaden your perspective on the world, if you believe in learning a second language benefits higher order, abstract and creative thinking, then attending our Vietnamese Language class is for you. The Vietnamese American Community of Austin is offering Vietnamese Language class.
When: April 6, 2013 from 10:00am-12:00pm
Tuition cost: Free
Who: Students, young adults and adults
Where: 1006 E Yager Lane, Bldg 2, Ste 205 Austin, Texas 78753
For more information please visit http://www.vacat.org/
Last chance to nominate for Teacher of the Year
Krispy Kreme Texas wants you to nominate your favorite teacher for Teacher of the Year. Go to this page: http://krispykremetexas.com/
tofyear/teacherform2010.php and fill out the form. The deadline is Friday, April 5. Prizes range from $100-$500 for the teacher and a matching award to the teacher’s school.
AISD and Community Events
– Tonight: AISD is presents Reggie Clayton, Internet Safety Specialist, to talk about What Every Parent Needs to Know About Social Media (and what kids are doing online) at Anderson High School, April 3, 7-8:30 p.m. More information here.
– Join us to hear an overview of the Bond with emphasis on the Proposed CTE (Career & Tech Ed) Funding. It’s on Thursday, April 4, 6:30-8:00 pm in the Anderson Cafeteria. With the passing of House Bill 5, you will want to hear how the district will add more career training classes and how the bond supports this effort. Four CTE Career Cluster Groups will be discussed: Architecture & Construction, Information Technology, Health Science and Manufacturing.
– Anderson High School is hosting many great camps this summer. Included are baseball, basketball, robotics, softball, soccer, tennis, cheer and theater. More information is here.
– Spend a week participating in structured activities that promote wellness, leadership, and teamwork while having fun! Our Ann Richards School high school students design and facilitate this camp, and we accept 60 girls from grades 3-5 in AISD. Little Stars Camp will take place June 17-21, 2013, and will go from 9 am to 4 pm. This camp costs $60 and is first come, first serve. Click here for registration form and information.
– Have you ever fancied yourself performing Romeo & Juliet on stage? Would you like to spend two weeks this summer learning about stage props and costumes? If yes, then register to join Shakespeare Camp, directed by Catherine Haynes and JoEllen Claybrook, fourth grade teachers at Hill Elementary. Date: June 12-26, live performance Tuesday evening, June 25. Time: 9 a.m.-2:00 p.m. each weekday at Hill Elementary (8601 Tallwood, Austin 78759). Cost: $399. Make checks payable to Catherine Haynes, 4206 Shoalwood Ave., Austin, Texas 78756. Include a non-refundable deposit for $100. Remaining balance is due on Wednesday, June 12th (the first day of camp). Registration process closes no later than Friday, April 12th. Questions: Catherine Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org
; JoEllen Claybrook, email@example.com
– Anderson High School will be hosting its Anderson Elite Basketball Camp again this summer and we’re looking forward to seeing lots of Summitt Eagles there! This is always a popular camp for our vertical team elementary school students and is run by our outstanding basketball coaches and alumni players. Registration information is here. Questions? Contact Kellye Foster (512) 297-5401
– The PBS KIDS GO! Writers Contest invites children in grades K-3 to create stories using their own words and pictures, and recognizes their efforts with certificates and prizes. Parents, teachers, and librarians are encouraged to help children participate in the Contest. Deadline is April 6. More information here.
– Trojans Pop Warner Football registration is open. More information is at http://trojanpw.com/
Wednesday, April 3 – STAAR test
Friday, April 5 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Saturday, April 20 – Spring Fling
Tuesday, April 23 – General PTA meeting
Wednesday, April 24, STAAR test
Friday, May 3 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Tuesday, May 7 – Leap into Kindergarten registration
Friday, May 17 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day, no school
Thursday, May 30 – Skate night, 6-8 p.m.
Friday, May 31 – Soaring Skyward
Wednesday, June 5 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Wednesday, June 5 – Last day of school