Get Marathon Kids medals
If you weren’t able to make it to our FANTASTIC Final Mile event, your child can still receive a Reward Medal while supplies last! Come to one of the four Austin area Whole Foods Market locations listed below on Wednesday, February 27th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to pick up your medal! As if that wasn’t enough, Whole Foods Market has chosen Marathon Kids as the recipient of their 5% Community Giving Day! That means that 5% of all purchases made at any of the four Austin Whole Foods Market stores on February 27th will go straight to Marathon Kids!
Get ready for the Ultimate Fitness Challenge on Friday!
Thursday is the deadline to collect pledges for the Ultimate Fitness Challenge! DO NOT TURN IN PLEDGE CARDS. Keep them and use them to start collecting funds over the weekend. Collection envelopes will be provided and are due back Friday, March 8, in class. If you are pressed for time, consider donating a flat amount of $10 or $20 dollars. If you pay by check, please make it out to Summitt PTA. But remember, prizes are given at the $50, $100 and $200 paid levels! We could use a few more parent volunteers for the obstacle course on March 1 — especially for Pre-K, 1st grade, and 5th grade — to cheer on and guide kids through. Schedule and sign up is at http://vols.pt/eNUX2u. Shifts are about 50 minutes long. See the course in action at http://www.allstaractive.com/
Here’s the schedule on Friday. Come by and cheer for the students!
7:50-8:35 am- 5th grade
8:35-9:20 am- Pre-K
9:20-10:05 am- 4th grade
10:05-10:50 am- Kinder
12:15-1 pm- 1st grade
1-1:45 pm- 2nd grade
1:45-2:30 pm- 3rd grade
Skate Night on Thursday
Come on out to Playland Skate Center on Thurs. Feb 28th for our first Skate Nite!! It’s only $5 for skaters, free for non-skaters. Don’t hesitate if your kids don’t skate much yet; Playland offers lots of options. Including a Playscape and rolling PVC-pipe new-skater helpers (for a fee) as well as video games, air hockey and a Snack Bar!! The music will be great and the good times will roll!! Let’s see you from 6-8:30pm to raise money for our outstanding PTA who supports the school in endless ways!! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summitt Family Night
Summitt‘s Chuck E Cheese family Night will be next Thursday, March 7, 2013. Come join other Summitt families for a night of fun, games and dinner, too! All purchases made at the COUNTER will count toward the amount Chuck E Cheese will donate to Summitt. This includes tokens, food, drinks and more. See you there between 3-9PM.
AISD Parent Cloud
This week, the Office of Technology launched the AISD Parent Cloud, an easy to use, one-stop location for parents to access their child’s information in order to support their overall academic success from anywhere, anytime, on any device. By using AISD’s Parent Cloud, parents will be able to obtain current information regarding their child’s academic standing, navigate district-wide resources and find links to other important services. From tracking grades, attendance and test scores to planning for graduation, the site provides everything parents need at the touch of a button. The AISD Parent Cloud is compatible with all smart devices, available in English and Spanish and can be accessed through the Internet at https://my.austinisd.org.
AISD continues to lead the way in cloud computing for educational institutions, resulting in significant savings for the district. The AISD Parent Cloud supports the district’s broader efforts to close the digital divide for our stakeholders and increase overall transparency.
Vote for your Teacher of the Year
Krispy Kreme Texas wants you to nominate your favorite teacher for Teacher of the Year. Go to this page: http://krispykremetexas.com/
AISD parent survey forms
AISD has parent surveys available online until March 30. The surveys are available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese. The paper forms will be sent home with students on Tuesday, February 19. If you choose to complete the survey online you may recycle the paper form. Remember – parents should only complete one survey per child – either online or paper form, not both. http://www.austinisd.org/
Once available, the results of our survey will be distributed to campus principals, district administrators, as well as the Board of Trustees. Our community can also view the results when the reports are posted to the AISD website this spring
AISD and Community Events
– The University of Texas has their annual Explore UT Open House on Saturday, March 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summitt 5th Graders will be there for a volleyball event. Explore UT is free. For more information, go to http://www.utexas.edu/events/
– Camp Invention is enrolling for camp on June 17-21 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Hill Elementary School. More information here.
– Looking for an all-day, quality, affordable, licensed by the State of Texas child care program for summer? Extend-A-Care for Kids’ Summer Day Camp is the place to keep your children physically active and engaged in learning activities while they make new friends and have new experiences. Campers will have adventures on weekly field trips and swim trips twice a week. Throughout the summer your child will experience a variety of enriching activities such as science/math projects, arts & crafts projects, cooking projects, basketball, soccer, baseball, flag football and much more! Our summer curriculum is based on weekly themes from children’s literature books which offers children a constant source of new and interesting material and activities. Register today and receive more information at www.eackids.org or 512-472-9402.
– Easter Seals and AISD has posted a camp guide for children with special needs. There are day camps as well as overnight camps.
– Austin Child Guidance Center is offering a series of FREE workshops for parents on Feb. 21, March 21 and April 18. These workshops address a variety of topics of interest to parents. The workshops are held in the evening (from 6 pm to 7:30 pm) at our center, and free childcare is available. The workshops are offered at no cost, but we have a limit on the number of participants, so please visit our website for more information and to sign up. More information here. There are also a limited number of spots left for the following groups: Social Skills/Making Friends Group, Conflict Resolution Skills/Anger Management Group, and ADHD Parenting Group. Contact the center at 512-451-2242 for more information.
Thursday, February 28 – Family Skate Night, 6-8:30 p.m.
Friday, March 1 – Ultimate Fitness Challenge
Saturday, March 2 – 5th Grade Volleyball Playday @ Explore UT
Thursday, March 7 – Family Night at Chuck E Cheese 3-9 p.m.
Friday, March 8 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
March 11-15 – Spring Break, no school
Thursday, March 28 – Rita’s Italian Ice after school
Friday, March 29 – Student holiday, no school
Saturday, April 20 – Spring Fling (New date!)